Is your Online Presence a Magnet for your Ideal Client? What does yours say?
Is it a magnet that draws them to strategy calls with you, and they see immediately that they want to work with you? They say, “Yes! – When can we start?”
Or . . .
Does it leave them confused and uncertain, and they say, “I’ll think about it” – even after an excellent discovery breakthrough call or strategy session.
Your Online Presence is often the first thing they see about you. You don’t have a second chance to make a first impression. They see it on your social media sites and groups, your website, blog posts, LinkedIn and Facebook ads, YouTube, Facebook Lives and webinars. It’s everywhere.
If your Online Presence is confusing, doesn’t represent you well on mobile, and you look like everyone else, you’re missing out on strategy sessions and potential clients.
After doing hundreds of Online Presence Audits over the last 10 years, and working with coaches, entrepreneurs and executives, I see the same mistakes over and over again. That’s why I developed the Online Presence Audit and Online Presence Checklist. You can download it here.
Here are the Top 3 ways to turn your Online Presence into a magnet for your Ideal Clients so you don’t make the same mistakes.
- Be sure it’s clear, concise and compelling. Show your Ideal Clients at a glance who you are, what you can do for them (their challenges and pain points), and that you’re the best one to solve it.People don’t have time to read. They don’t have time to figure things out. Tell them clearly and directly.Create your tag line and program names so they see what you can do for them.
- Show them your ExpertiseDNA™ in your Online Presence. It’s not enough to be an expert. On the Internet, everyone can say they’re they expert. Now you must differentiate yourself and your business from others who provide similar services, and tell them why you’re the best one to work with.Your ExpertiseDNA™ shows you that. Your ExpertiseDNA™ is your unique combination of values, beliefs, skills and passions. It’s like your one-of-a-kind fingerprint. In the way that your physical DNA determines how each of us is different, your ExpertiseDNA™ shows what differentiates you and your business.When you’re one of hundreds of coaches calling themselves a “Life Coach” or “Health Coach”, you’re in a sea of coaches that all look the same. Your Ideal clients are confused and don’t know why to choose you. Two things happen when they’re confused and everyone looks alike:
- They say, “No” or “I’ll think about it” or “I can’t afford it.”
- They make their decision based on price (and choose the lowest price)
Don’t let this happen to you.
- Talk about your approach to your solution. Tell your Ideal Clients how you know the ways to solve their challenges and how that is unique to you. Wherever you’ve been in your life, has led you to where you are now. You bring all your unique values, skills and passions to your coaching.When your Ideal Client searches for a coach or mentor, they put their keyword in, and are very likely to get hundreds of names in the search results. In fact, today I searched on Google for “life coach nyc” and there were 1,200,000 results. And “health coach nyc” and there were 20,900,000 results.For them to see you, your name must come up high on the list. Your website and social media optimization help with that. Then they must see that you match the picture in their mind about the solution they’re looking for, and who they want to work with. They’re looking for a shortlist of 3-5 coaches to call and talk to and see if it’s a good fit to work together.
The first thing they do is look at your Online Presence – website, social media sites and groups, and your programs and webinars.
Is your Online Presence a magnet that draws your Ideal Clients to you, or is it hurting your business?
To help you answer that, I’ve developed the Online Presence Checklist. You can download it here.
After you go through the download, and still have questions or want to run yours by me, let’s chat.
Or if you don’t have time to go through it all yourself, let’s talk.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE, BLOG OR WEBSITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Jan Wallen is a Retreat Leader and coach, and works with coaches who want to stand out from the sea of coaches. She positions them for their Ideal Clients so their clients say, “Yes – when can we start?” instead of “I’ll think about it” or “I can’t afford it.” Grab her FREE Online Presence Checklist on how to make your Online Presence a magnet for your Ideal Clients here: http://janwallen.com/contact-jan-wallen.