Do you look like everyone else?
Look at your social media profiles. And your website. Find five other people who do what you do – if you’re a health and wellness coach, find five other health and wellness coaches. If you’re a business coach, find five other business coaches. Look at their social media profiles and websites. Do you look like everyone else?
If you answered “Yes”, you’re confusing your Ideal Clients. You can attract them like a magnet if they’re confused.
When you look like everyone else online, your Ideal Client has a hard time choosing you. They get confused.
The confused mind says, “No” and they either tell you versions of “No” or they simply don’t decide or take action.
The confused mind also makes decisions based on price – the lowest price — because they don’t see any difference or the value of paying more.
Stand out from the crowd and avoid confusion with your Online Presence. That is, your social media profiles, website, podcast, and articles you publish online.
Stand Out from the Crowd: Write everything for your Ideal Clients. Switch hats from coach to client. Put on the hat of your Ideal Client. Imagine you want help solving a challenge and are reading your LinkedIn profile or website. What do you want to know?
- WII-FM – What’s In It For Me? (What you can do for me)
- How are you qualified to help me? (Your relevant credentials)
- How are you different from all the other coaches? (Why choose you)
Answer those 3 questions in your profiles, and you’ll stand out from the crowd.
- Write copy that represents you well, describes your services and benefits to them. Tell your Ideal Client how they’ll benefit from working with you. Showcase your credentials and expertise – how you’re qualified and the path you took to reach where you are. Use it everywhere. You’ve done a lot and accomplished many things so far. Above all — write the credentials that are relevant to your Ideal Clients in your profiles and website. They care about how you’re qualified to help them solve their challenges, not everything you’ve done. And few people know how to do that, so you’ll really stand out.
- Differentiate yourself and your business from others who provide similar services. Tell readers directly what differentiates you. It’s not enough to say you’re an expert — there are hundreds of other experts out there. Your buyer wants to work with the person who connects and resonates with them. Tell them why you’re the best one for them. Show what you’re known for, and your ExpertiseDNA™ — your unique combination of values, beliefs, skills and passions.
- Introduce yourself by describing what you do for your clients – don’t use a label or title like “health and wellness coach” or “life coach”. People care about what you can do for them, not your title. A title can be confusing or misleading. For example, there are thousands of health and life coaches. When you use a title, you look like everyone else. Someone may have had a bad experience with a coach previously, and when you tell them your title, they think of that experience and say, “I don’t need a coach” when they really do.
Start by saying something like, “I work with coaches who want to stand out from the crowd and differentiate their businesses as they build a lucrative 6-figure business.”
Not: “I am a business coach” or “I am a life coach” or “I am a health and wellness coach.”
To start creating your Compelling Online Presence, see my blog post Is Your Online Presence a Magnet for your Ideal Clients?, and download your copy of my Online Presence Checklist. .
After you go through the download, and still have questions or want to run yours by me, let’s chat.
Or if you don’t have time to go through it all yourself, let’s talk.
WANT TO USE THIS ARTICLE IN YOUR E-ZINE, BLOG OR WEBSITE?
You can, as long as you include this complete blurb with it: Jan Wallen is a Retreat Leader and coach, and works with coaches who want to stand out from the sea of coaches. She positions them for their Ideal Clients so their clients say, “Yes – when can we start?” instead of “I’ll think about it” or “I can’t afford it.” Grab her FREE Online Presence Checklist on how to make your Online Presence a magnet for your Ideal Clients here: http://janwallen.com/contact-jan-wallen.